1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Slice the stem and the very top off each pepper. Scoop out all the seeds. Set peppers aside.
3. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbs of olive oil to preheated skillet. Let the oil get warm,
then add all ingredients to skillet except wine, tomato paste and cheeses.
4. Break ground meat apart while sautéing. Continue to cook until onions are translucent and meat is
5. Add wine and tomato paste; continue to sauté until wine is reduced. Remove from heat. Let mixture
6. Stir all of the parmesan cheese and half of the shredded cheese into the cooled meat mixture if using
bell peppers. If using banana peppers, you will need to stir all of the shredded cheese into the meat
mixture, because these peppers will not stand upright and will be baking on their sides.
7. Fill peppers with meat mixture.
8. Top with remaining shredded cheese, if using the bell peppers.
9. Place in baking dish or on sheet pan/tray and bake in preheated oven about 30 minutes, or until meat
mixture is heated through, the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbling. The mini
peppers will not require as much cooking time; check them at 20 minutes.