Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Minutes
GRASS-FED FLAT IRON STEAK WITH ROSEMARY MUSHROOM SAUCE
1. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Let rest to come to room temperature.
2. Heat cast iron skillet over high heat. Add coconut oil.
3. Once oil is hot, add steaks and cook for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
4. Place steaks on plate, cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
5. In same pan, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and butter.
6. Once oil and butter have melted, add mushrooms to pan in a thin layer. Do not touch until they start to
caramelize. Once you see color on your mushrooms, stir.
7. Add garlic and herbs. Let cook about 2 minutes.
8. Add wine and stir.
9. In small bowl, add ¼ cup of beef broth and arrowroot and stir until smooth.
10. Add the rest of the beef broth to the skillet with the mushrooms and wine and bring to a boil.
11. Add the arrowroot mixture and stir until nice and thick.
12. To serve, place each steak on a plate and spoon your mushroom gravy over the steak.