Marinade Time: 2-6 Hours
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 16 Minutes
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Calories 210; Fat 10g; Saturated Fat 3g; Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 197mg; Carbohydrate 5.4g; Protein 23g
GRILLED FLAT IRON STEAK WITH PEPPERCORN MARINADE
1. Mix marinade: blend Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, tomato paste, 1 tablespoon crushed
peppercorns, garlic, olive oil and mustard.
2. Place steak into zip-close plastic bag. Pour marinade over steak, squeeze air out, seal and place in
refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to 6 hours.
3. 30 minutes before you are ready to grill, take steak out of refrigerator and let rest to come to room
4. Preheat grill to high.
5. Take steak out of the marinade, letting as much of the marinade drain back into bag as possible.
6. Press remaining 1 tablespoon peppercorns into both sides of steak.
7. Grill steak over hottest part of grill 4 minutes per side.
8. Move steak to indirect heat spot of grill, close lid and cook additional 4 minutes.
9. Remove steak from grill. Cover to keep warm and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
10. While steak rests, place marinade in small saucepan and boil until very thick. Remove from heat and
place in bowl. Slice steak into thin pieces and serve with reduced marinade as sauce.