1. Remove steaks from refrigerator and let rest (about 30 minutes), bringing to room temperature before
2. Make compound butter: mix 4 teaspoons butter with Gorgonzola and chopped parsley. Mix well. Set
3. Pat steaks dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat butter and oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When foaming subsides, place steaks into
skillet and sear 1 minute each side.
5. Reduce heat to medium. Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side, basting steaks with butter from
skillet as they cook.
6. When steaks are cooked to about 10 degrees less than desired degree of doneness (about 2.5 minutes
per side for medium-rare), remove to plate, cover with foil and then with dish towel. Let rest 8 minutes.
7. To serve, slice across grain of meat into very thin slices. Top each portion (about 3 ounces cooked
meat) with about 1 tablespoon of Gorgonzola butter. Garnish with additional parsley and serve.